We are building a customer engagement platform to enable financial institutions to build and maintain relationships with their customers through secure, authenticated and personal human-to-human communication. Our platform provides a SaaS solution which uses AI to augment human-to-human relationships. Our solution provides key infrastructure for financial institutions dealing with COVID-19 restrictions and corresponding consumer preference changes as customers embrace digital channels for communication. The company has experienced high revenue growth in 2021 and is poised to grow significantly in 2022.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js, Python) responsible for designing and implementing services managing the interchange of data between the store and the frontend.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions (Postgres)
- Design and implement system level data flows
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of Node.js and Express
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Node.js (ES6)